- First Page
- Choosing a old parameter file will fill in all the defaults from the old file.
- use 'current' for source, Any source from before 12/9/00 WILL NOT WORK.
- There is a 'test or experiment' switch. This sets some defaults later. Check 'experiment' only for real experiments with subjects.
- Second Page
- You need to add the resource 'earnings' if you want to refresh cash (francs) inventory between periods.
- Public markets has been moved to the next page.
- port has been moved to the last page.
- Third Page
- The 'reset' column has been added to the inventory. Carryover is explained later.
- Public markets is now here.
- Fourth Page
- periods now comes after markets.
- public market resourses is now here.
- Final Page
- Most defaults have a letter added to prevent conflicts. This letter will cycle.
- The 'test or experiment' choice also is included in most defaults.
- The save file name has the experimenter name in the default. You should also put the 'type' of the experiment in the name for later reference.
- if 'experiment' is chosen, then the default URL will be 'market-DATE'. If more than one experiment is to be run on the same day then change the URL.
- The port is also cycled (with the letter), the default should be ok unless an experiment from the last letter cycle is still running. This should be unlikely.
- The password prompts are now password fields and have *'s in them.
If ALL of the '_reset' items are blank, then all inventory and orders will carryover periods as before.
The '_loan' item is just a notice that gets printed on the inventory page. This just lets the subject know that that amount will be taken away at the end. You need to enter the amount in the first box or else the subject will not start with any.
If ANY of the '_reset' items is filled in then all orders will be cleared at the end of each period. The markets will also be closed for the time between periods.
If any of the '_reset' items has a value, then inventory for that subject for that item will reset to that value after each period. You must also give subjects the amount in the first box for them to start with that amount. The amount and reset value should be the same unless you want the starting inventory to be different. You also need at least one item not to reset or else the subjects cannot make any money.
The default action is that if 'francs_reset' has a value, then the difference in francs will be transferred to the 'earnings' resource after each period.
If you want names other than 'francs' and 'earnings' then you will need to edit source files (for now).
Either 'francs_reset', or 'earnings_reset' MUST be blank, depending on whichever is the accumulator.